Like auto insurance motorcycle insurance in Nashville, NC has mandatory minimum requirements, but this is often not enough for motorcycle riders in North Carolina. Your bike is a dream come true, and it is something that you want to protect. You need to protect yourself as well.
In the event of a collision, you want to protect both your body and your property from financial loss. At Hedgepeth-Hutson Insurance Services Inc. we can help you to understand the terminology in your motorcycle insurance policy.
Motorcycle Insurance Terminology
Minimum motorcycle insurance coverage will cover you for medical expenses and property damage. You may want additional coverage, and should know exactly what you are and aren’t covered for in the event of a problem at your home.
- Bodily Injury Liability: This is a standard for motorcycle insurance, and covers you if you are legally responsible for someone else’s injury or death after a collision.
- Medical Payments: This coverage will provide excess medical payments for medical costs that are in excess of what standard medical coverage provides after an accident.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This will cover you for all damages or losses incurred by acts that aren’t collision-related, such as fire, vandalism, or theft.
- Passenger Liability: When you are responsible for a collision, this coverage will pay for all costs related to injury, illness, or death to other parties.
- Property Damage Liability: When you are at-fault in an accident, this will cover property losses and damages to other parties.
- Accessories and Special Parts: This coverage will replace any accessories that you have put on your bike in the event of damage or collision. That could include chrome, gear, fairings, windshields, and more.
Get a Quote
When you ride a motorcycle in Nashville, NC, you know that you already have higher risks on the road. At Hedgepeth-Hutson Insurance Services Inc. we want you to feel protected against all risks when you are enjoying the freedom a motorcycle brings. Call us for a quote today.